Eggplant 3 pieces
Wheat flour 500 g
Oyster sauce 1/2 teaspoon
Soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon
Sesame oil 50 ml
Chinese rice wine 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds to taste
Frize salad 150 g
Large cherry tomatoes 3 pieces
Lychee 5 pieces
Deep-frying oil2 l
Dried Chili Peppers 100 g
Shallots 500 g
Dried Shrimp200 g
Dried Scallops 300 g
Salt 20 g
Chicken stock cube 16 g
Baking powder 7 g
Vegetable oil100 ml
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 40 MINUTES
Recipe photo: Crispy eggplant in XO sweet sauce – step 1
- Start by making the sauce. Chill the seeds and chop them very finely, shallots and garlic cut into slices. Grind dried shrimp into powder.
How to prepare hot peppers
Recipe photo: Crispy eggplant in XO sweet sauce – step 2
- Cook the dried scallops for 1-2 minutes, then crush with a spoon, which can be done easily, since the scallop will become very soft. Chili, shallots, garlic, shrimp and scallop deep-fried in vegetable oil separately until golden brown.
How to prepare shrimp
Recipe photo: Crispy eggplant in XO sweet sauce – step 3
- Then mix the chilies, shallots, garlic in a blender using deep-frying oil. Add shrimp, scallops and mix with a spoon. Salt, add a tablespoon of sugar and mix again, m. Set the sauce aside.
Recipe photo: Crispy eggplant in XO sweet sauce – step 4
- For batter, mix the chicken stock, 40 ml of sesame oil, 100 ml of vegetable oil, baking powder and a pinch of salt until smooth. Then add corn flour and 400 g of wheat flour and mix again. Then add water and bring the batter to a single consistency.
How to make batter
Recipe photo: Crispy eggplant in XO sweet sauce – step 5
- Peel the eggplant and cut into medium-sized pieces. Then roll them in flour, trick them into batter and deep-fry at 180 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
How to cook deep-fried potatoes
Recipe photo: Crispy eggplant in XO sweet sauce – step 6
- Mix one tablespoon of XO sauce with a teaspoon of sugar, plum jam, oyster sauce, soy sauce, Chinese wine and one teaspoon of sesame oil.
Recipe photo: Crispy eggplant in XO sweet sauce – step 7
- Cut tomatoes, lychee and salad. Then mix previously cooked eggplant, vegetables and greens with the sauce, tossing slightly. Serve garnished with sesame seeds.
TIP FOR RECIPE
To make XO sauce closer to the original, you can add another 200 g of dried ham. It should also be deep-fried, like the rest of the ingredients. The sauce is ideal not only for this recipe, so the leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and used later when cooking. The sauce can be stored for about a week.
Pork ear 2 pieces
Salt 1 teaspoon
Sichuan Chili Oil 2 Tbsp
Chicken stock 3 tablespoons
Black rice vinegar 1 teaspoon
Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
Chives 30 g
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 1 HOUR PRINT
Recipe photo: Pork Ears Salad – Step 1
- Pork ears cleaned of hairs, you can burn them with a burner, most importantly, do not burn the ears themselves. Put them in a pot with enough water to cover them, put on fire and bring to a boil.
Recipe photo: Pork Ears Salad – Step 2
- Add 3 slices of ginger, onion, cut into four parts, a few peas of Sichuan pepper and a teaspoon of salt. Boil for 20 minutes over high heat.
How to prepare ginger
Recipe photo: Pork Ears Salad – Step 3
- Simultaneously fry sesame seeds in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
Frying pan aluminum
Recipe photo: Pork Ears Salad – step 4
- Remove the ears from the water and allow them to cool. Then cut into long thin transverse strips.
Recipe photo: Pork Ears Salad – Step 5
- For dressing, mix oil, stock, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce.
Recipe photo: Salad from pork ears – step 6
- Mix the ears with dressing, transfer to a dish and sprinkle with chopped green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
How to chop greens