Beef in oyster sauce is a typical dish in Southeast Asia. It is best to cook it, of course, in a wok, observing all the rules: thinly sliced meat and vegetables are quickly fried over high heat. Broccoli inflorescences work out especially well – they remain crisp and bright. The oyster sauce included in the recipe looks like soy, but it is much more rich in taste. They make it from oyster extract, starch and sugar: Chinese housewives make it themselves, but it’s easier to buy it ready, of course.
Fresh cilantro (coriander) 10 g
Onions 1/2 heads
Beef fillet500 g
Broccoli Cabbage400 g
Ginger Root 10 g
Lemon 1/2 pieces
Vegetable oil50 ml
Oyster sauce 50 ml
Cut the beef fillet into thin slices. Finely chop the ginger, and cut the onion into thin half rings. Disassemble broccoli into inflorescences and boil for three minutes in boiling water. Cool so that the inflorescences do not lose their green color.
How to prepare beef fillet
Recipe photo: Beef with oyster sauce – step 2
- Heat the wok pan with vegetable oil and quickly fry the sliced meat in it to a bronze crust.
Recipe photo: Beef with oyster sauce – step 3
- Add onion and ginger to the pan, and after a minute – oyster sauce and broccoli. Fry for another minute or two, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and season with lemon juice and finely chopped cilantro.
How to prepare ginger
TIP FOR RECIPE
As a side dish, this dish can be served with fresh rice, as well as rice or egg noodles – it can be boiled and added directly to the wok in front of lemon juice and cilantro, mixed with meat and vegetables.
Cucumbers in spicy marinade are one of the fastest and most affordable dishes. And also this traditional Chinese snack is perhaps one of the champions in culinary minimalism. And the reliability of the result. These cucumbers are obtained from everyone. The fruits for this dish are best taken thin-skinned and with small seeds. Traditional summer pickled cucumbers from the Russian garden in a sesame-vinegar marinade fall apart into components – vegetable meat and seeds. To diversify the texture of the dish, for example, sesame seeds can be poured into cucumbers.
Rice Vinegar 50 ml
Cucumbers 2 pieces
Sesame oil 50 ml
Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
Chili pepper 1 piece
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 5 MINUTES
Photo of the preparation of the recipe: Cucumbers in spicy marinade – step 1
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into equal cubes. Whetstones should not be longer than 6-7 centimeters, otherwise they will be uncomfortable to grab with chopsticks.
Photo of the preparation of the recipe: Cucumbers in spicy marinade – step 2
- Mix sesame oil with black rice vinegar and soy sauce. Chili pepper cut into thin rings and add to the marinade from vinegar, oil and soy sauce.
How to prepare hot peppers
Recipe photo: Cucumbers in spicy marinade – step 3
- Pour the cucumbers cut into bars with the prepared marinade and let it brew for 2-3 minutes. Then serve as a savory snack or side dish to the fried or boiled beef.
TIP FOR RECIPE
To speed up the process and obtain a special, “beaten” texture of the cucumber, you can slightly knead the cucumber straw with your hands before pickling.